After we’d had our fill of the fireworks Cynthia settled in to get a few hours of sleep before we had to be at the airport (recommended three hours before the flight, thank you very much diaper bomber!) and I processed a few images before calling it a night.

I set the alarm on my phone to wake us up. This alarm has been flawless each and every day of this trip and our previous two trips.

I found myself being awakened by Cynthia who was telling me “the alarm didn’t go off!” and sure enough, it hadn’t. The good news is that we experienced our second Christmas miracle on this trip in that Cynthia just happened to wake up and decided to check her watch to see how much time she had left to sleep and it was only 15 minutes after the alarm was set to go off. WHAT A BREAK THAT WAS!

Seems we (meaning “I”) tried to ruin this trip not once, but twice. Fortunately fate was inexplicably on our side coming and going.

We got to the airport in plenty of time, cleared security (twice) and made our way home. Aside from the enhanced screening the flight was pretty much normal in that we didn’t have to check any luggage and there were no unusual restrictions during the flight.

It was a very interesting trip. I don’t know that we’ll go back to Denmark, but I am glad we went. I’ll be digging into the photos and presenting some of the better shots here on this blog as time allows. For now we’re still shaking jet lag and trying to get our internal clocks back on US time.

Thanks to everyone who followed along, here and on Facebook and Twitter. The comments were always something we looked forward to and Cynthia was particularly pleased with the interest shown to William The Sheepie’s Facebook Fan Page.

If you missed any of the updates you can see a chronological list of blog posts from this trip by clicking this link.

Copenhagen – Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

One thought on “Copenhagen – Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

  • January 7, 2010 at 8:55 am

    You did better than I on Thanksgiving morning. I was to be picked up by the shuttle to get to the airport at 6:30 AM. Set the phone alarm for 5:30 AM, and awoke at 6:15 AM. Phone was on mute, accidentally. Fast jump into clothes and brush teeth. Ready to walk out the door as the shuttle arrived! Showered at my daughter’s later that morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.